About Ajay Hawkes
With over twenty years’ experience and training in mindfulness and mindfulness based therapies, Ajay has spent his life exploring meditation and personal growth work. Ajay grew up in a family where both parents were practising therapists and this provided him with a rich environment for personal growth. He began working as a trainer, coach and mentor in 2003 and has offered counselling and psychotherapy services since 2010. Ajay has worked with a wide range of clients from CEOs to prisoners. He worked with alcohol and drug users and ran men’s groups in a prison before going into private practice to offer his work to the general public and to those interested in personal growth. Ajay is based in Fremantle and offers counselling services to the wider Perth metro area.
Training – Masters degree & Mindfulness Therapies
- Qualified counsellor and psychotherapist
- Masters degree in Social Work (specialised in counselling)
- Medicare status as an Accredited Mental Health Social Worker
- Hakomi Graduate with over three years training in Hakomi, a Mindfulness Based Somatic Psychotherapy
- Senior Counsellor at a drug and alcohol agency, Ajay worked there for six years.
Ajay has completed many years of training in mindfulness and mindfulness based therapies, studying with teachers for whom he has the greatest respect and gratitude for their influence. He trained in a number of different modalities before focussing on mindfulness based therapy. He brings the richness of this background to his counselling practice, offering powerful tools for change.
Approach – mindfulness, somatic therapy and personal growth
Ajay works in a very supportive way, creating a warm, safe space to resolve the issues that may be hindering your growth. He uses a range of evidence based approaches including:
- Strengths Based Counselling,
- Acceptance Commitment Therapy (3rd wave CBT)
- Mindfulness Based Somatic Psychotherapy
Ajay has found these approaches to be very effective in his own life as well as in his work with clients. For more detail see homepage.
- Medicare rebates available
- GP / Medicare
- Other Professionals