Styles of therapy –
A focus on mindfulness and somatics
Drawing on many years of training in a variety of modalities, Ajay brings a range of tools and skills to support you in your journey. Working with mindfulness and somatically can be very powerful tools for change, and this is the backbone of Ajay’s work. However, he also uses variety of other proven approaches depending on the needs of the situation.
- Somatic & Mindfulness based counselling & psychotherapy
- Brief therapy
- Psychodynamic psychotherapy
- Psychoeducation / Skills training
- Strengths based counselling
- Acceptance Commitment Therapy (3rd wave Cognitive Behavioural Therapy / CBT)
What is mindfulness and somatic therapy? See Homepage.
At your first appointment, where Ajay allows an extra half hour to get to know each other, we will have a conversation about what is going on for you and what you would find most useful to address it. Of course this may evolve over time, and we will adapt to your changing needs.
Areas of Specialism
Ajay has worked with people on a wide range of issues, including
- Mindfulness skills
- Personal Growth
- Finding purpose and direction
- Self esteem and confidence
- Change management
- Childhood (attachment) issues
- Work stress
- Relationship issues
- Drug and Alcohol problems
- Many other issues
Ajay has worked with people from all walks of life and with a wide variety of issues, so if you have any questions about his experience in a particular area, please don’t hesitate to give him a call and see if he feels confident to work with you. If for some reason your issue does not seem to be a good match, he will likely be able to recommend another therapist with experience in that area.
- Medicare rebates available
- GP / Medicare
- Other Professionals